Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Official Kick-Off!

Hi all!  In honor of my Facebook kick-off, I wanted to give a little more background on my journey into photography, as it has been a little unexpected for me!

I knew I wanted to invest in a nicer camera for a while but when I became pregnant with Kennedy, I knew it became a must.  One of my best friends owns her own wedding photography business (Yeah Sarah!) and she gave me a few lessons (and many phone call follow-ups to remind me what she had taught me) on how to work my camera.  I played around with it a little before Kennedy was born but couldn't find the creative outlet I needed to really dive in.  Things quickly changed, however, the minute my sweet little girl entered this world.  My love for photography was fueled by the desire to capture each and every moment of her growth.  I devoured information from all over the internet and from Sarah, of course, in an effort to increase my knowledge base and use of what I was learning as I took pictures of everything Kennedy.

As I became more comfortable with what I knew and was able to do in my photography, I decided to begin a portfolio building process to see if I could capture other kids' memories as well.  Of course, it didn't take long to discover that I loved each and every step of the process from making moments to the final edits.

I'm not sure where this business will take me and cannot even say I have a long-term goal in mind right now.  What I do know is that if you'll let me, I would love to capture some of your moments because time is too fleeting and kids get big WAY too fast! 

I am in the process of creating an in-home studio (now that we have the space in our new house!) that is available for use and can't wait to finish it (pics to come when completed...).  Thanks for supporting me in this journey, I appreciate it more than you know!

I'll finish with a picture of the sweet baby girl who helped me begin this journey -- love some chubby baby legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment